When it comes to dangerous traffic accidents, you can count truck accidents as one of the most dangerous. The immense size and weight of these massive machines ensure that any accident involving a semi has the potential to be fatal. So we suggest finding a truck accident lawyer if you or a loved one have been injured in such an accident.
Many people still wonder why these accidents are so much more dangerous than your typical passenger car accident.
Truck Drivers and the Trucking Industry
The trucking industry is a nearly constant growth, as it is fueled by increasing customer demand. However, when trucking companies allow the prophets to override the commitment and legal obligations to safety, it can greatly increase the risk that a truck accident will happen.
The Risk Factors
It is no secret that truck accidents are even more dangerous than car accidents for several significant reasons. We compiled a list of risk factors that show wide truck accidents are more dangerous than your typical car accident. There are many rules and regulations that truck drivers must follow, but at times they go ignored. Some reasons include:
- Truck drivers are under considerable pressure to perform. This means they are putting more hours behind the wheel than they should be and this can lead to a much greater risk of accidents that are caused by driver exhaustion.
- Big rigs require far greater stopping distances than other vehicles on the road due to how heavy they are.
- The sheer size and weight of these big trucks ensure that the occupants of any other vehicle involved are far more likely to be seriously injured than the truck drivers themselves.
- Truck drivers experience considerable blind spots along all four sides of the rigs. This lease any vehicle within these blind spots at immense risk of being hurt.
- Semi-trucks are top-heavy, which leaves him far more vulnerable to rollovers and high winds, inclement weather, and if they take curves or exit too quickly.
- Commercial trucks often carry massive loads and if safe loading practices were not employed, then any movement or balance in these trucks can contribute to serious accidents.
- There is an immense amount of regular maintenance and safety checks that go into keeping these large trucks safe and roadworthy. If trucking companies or truck drivers failed to ensure the safety obligation is fulfilled, that can lead to serious accidents.
- Overall, these large trucks are susceptible to the dangers caused by bad weather
All traffic accidents are dangerous, but truck accidents are some of the most dangerous out of all of them. We know they can be devastating and that is why we suggest finding a truck accident lawyer like our friends at the Therman Law Offices, LTD for help in getting the compensation you deserve.