There are many things that you can expect when you have a good bankruptcy attorney. Keep in mind that just because an attorney has a law degree and a license, does not mean that they are particularly good at their job. You can expect a good bankruptcy attorney to give you sound legal advice, handle all of your necessary paperwork and deadlines from start to finish, and to be understanding and compassionate.
Most people feel a sense of reprieve once they have found a good bankruptcy attorney- and an even greater sense of relief when their bankruptcy process is resolved.
You can expect a bankruptcy attorney to be competent. You can expect a good bankruptcy attorney to go above and beyond what qualifies as competent. Some bankruptcy cases are much more complicated than other ones but either way, a good bankruptcy attorney should have the skills and experience necessary to successfully handle your case.
The difficulty of your bankruptcy case will likely depend on such factors as:
- The facts or your particular case
- The kind of bankruptcy you are filing for. For most individuals this is typically either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 (but there are other kinds).
- Whether or not you have an asset or no asset case, and whether a bankruptcy trustee will be selling any of your property
- Whether or not you are a small business owner
- Whether or not the case needs to be litigated in court
Sound Legal Advice
Prepare and File Paperwork